Friday night saw us celebrating our long awaited 25th anniversary silver ball – and it was a wonderful night!
The evening began with a drinks reception, followed by dinner, dancing and our fantastic auction and prize draw.
It was wonderful to see the many familiar faces of families we have helped, our wonderful volunteers, businesses and individuals who have supported HOLG over the years. We have achieved so much in the last quarter century but none of it would be possible without those who go the extra mile to donate their skills, time and funds.
Special thanks goes to our sponsors for the night – Guscott Heating, Open Door Mortgages, Complete Workspace Solutions, SBS Printers, Downton & Ali, Keswick Accountancy and Gaslec – we simply could not have put this event on without them. A huge thank you too to everyone who donated prizes for our auction and prize draw – you can see the list of donors and winners below.
The money raised from the ball, auction and draw will all go towards helping us continue to support bereaved children and their families. Our work includes our signature bereavement weekends, parent and carer support, bereavement cafés, partnering with other organisations to provide services such as our baby loss workshops, as well as going into schools and training other professionals.
If you were unable to attend the ball but would still like to show your support, there are lots of other ways you can help – we have a monthly draw, fundraising events, or you could consider corporate support or including us in your will. Attend our events, talk about us, let people know, get involved with our socials or help us raise money when you shop online – all support, big and small is welcomed! Here’s to the next 25 years!
Auction donors and winning bids
- Match day tickets donated by Gillingham FC – £300 paid by James Armstrong of Guscott Heating
- Distillery tour for 4 at Copper Rivet donated by them – £80 paid by Dipesh Patel
- Pet portrait donated by Molly Cleland – £60 paid by Naomi Coupland of Yoga in Balance
- Signed Formula 1 cap donated by Sheena Bolland (HOLG trustee) – £400 paid by Steve Laurence
- Tour of Lloyds of London donated by Jon Savidge – £150 paid by Callum Small of Open door Mortgages
- Tour of Global studio donated by them – £140 paid by Shawn Moore
- 4 Ball golf donated by Richard Cox Wealth management – £230 paid by Daryl Bishop
- Gillingham signed shirt donated by Kate Trevelyan (HOLG trustee) – £160 paid by Daniel Simmons
- Silver workshop donated by Nick Foreman Jewellery – £300 paid by Anita McAloren of Autosparx
- View from the Shard donated by Downton and Ali – £400 paid by Will Nash
- Andrew Ridgley signed card – £90 paid by Lynn Downton
- HOLG Bear – £350 paid by Callum Small from Open Door mortgages
Prize draw donors and winners
- £150 donated by Civil Service Insurance Society – winner Pat Harrison
- Overnight B&B stay for 2 at The Harper Hotel, North Norfolk – winner Harry Oliver
- Overnight B&B stay for 2 at The Marquis of Granby, Alkham – winner Ian
- £100 Amazon vouchers donated by Spurling Cannon – winner Eve Ovenden
- £100 Amazon vouchers donated by Spurling Cannon – winner Beki Quartey
- Afternoon tea for 2 at The Bridgewood Manor Hotel & Spa – winner Joanna Cooper
- Shepherd Neame brewery tour and tutored tasting for 4 people – winner Will Nash
- Main meal for 2 at The Marston’s Gunpowder Mill, Faversham – winner Sue Pauls
- Distillery Tour for 2 at The Copper Rivet, Chatham Dockyard – winner Ben
- Fruit basket – personal donation – winner Margaret King
- Chocolate bouquet – personal donation – winner Martin Norman
- Luxury food & drink hamper – personal donation – winner Dave Williams
- Asda treats pamper hamper from Asda superstore, Chatham – winner Denise Bishop
- Kids’ treat parcel donated by The Entertainer and personal donations – winner Reshma Bassi
- Hairdressing voucher donated by Dean & Co – winner Martin Norman
- Lap tray and cheeseboard set donated by The Range and personal donations – winner James Mead
- Bottle of Kraken donated by Brian Downton (HOLG trustee) – winner Pam Meller